Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Prayers, Week Seven

Father, I know that illusions are a hard thing for any leader. We always think more highly of ourselves than we ought to. God I know that in the past I have carried around many illusions of myself, from trying to project a personality that I don't actually have to thinking that I'm an expert in things that I have no experience in. I repent of that haughtiness and pride and I ask you to help me overcome it. Over the past couple of years you have allowed me to be humbled, and although it has been hard I thank you for the powerful lesson. Please continue to show me my true identity as it is found in You. I want to be around people who will be honest with me and will be a mirror to show me myself, because I know that others can often see things about me that I can't see myself. Thank you that you have crafted me just exactly the way that You meant to, and that I am wonderfully made. Thank you that you are continually breaking down self-illusions and showing me my true identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment