Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prayers, Week Four

Father, I want to know you more. And after reading this, I want to know myself more, although I am afraid of what I may find. Yet as I consider it, I know that I already have a sense of the deeper things about myself. I hear them in the side comments of friends and coworkers, and the way that people treat me, and the things that come to mind when I am in solitude. Lord, I desperately need your help to grow. I want to draw closer to You and be more intimate with You, even if it means revealing things about myself that I won’t like. Only promise to walk with me through those challenging times, and promise to help me grow through them and become more like Jesus. Lead my introspection – without your leading, I may tend to ignore things, or I may tend to be too brooding or wallowing in pity. Lead my introspection in a way that will be beneficial to me and to my leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment