Thursday, March 17, 2011

Prayers, Week Eight

Lord, I felt very convicted when I read of how our pet peeves often point to the false self that we project of ourselves. The most convicting one to me was despising laziness in others because I too-highly value productivity and discipline. This is true of me, I believe. I highly value personal responsibility and productivity, and get annoyed with others when they do not do what I perceive that they should be doing. God, I want to live out of my being rather than my doing. Thank you for your gift to me of a high level of productivity and personal work-ethic. Help me to maintain that while living out of being rather than doing. Help me to bear with others in their weaknesses and encourage them constructively. Help me to value the beingness of others and see the values that they have. God, help me to recognize my own false selves so that I can cast them at your feet! Grant me the peace to be other than my own self-image!

No comments:

Post a Comment