Friday, July 23, 2010

Seminary, Part One

I've been in Colorado Springs for the last two weeks studying in person at Fuller Theological Seminary. I am here with my cohort of 22 leaders and we've just finished two weeks of intensive studying. I've been so blessed by the opportunity to be part of this group. I am the youngest one in the cohort, and the only unmarried guy.

The Master of Arts in Global Leadership program is an amazing online program through Fuller that enables me to study toward my Masters while remaining in my ministry context. Not only that, but it combines light theological training, practical ministry training, and leadership training with a heavy emphasis on character and lifelong development as a disciple of Christ. I will finish probably either in December 2013 or March 2014.

This trip has been absolutely incredible, and I'll be describing it over the next few posts. It struck me as I was in the Denver airport waiting to head down to the Springs that I was flying into a city where I knew nearly nobody to borrow a car from people I'd never met so that I could stay at a house of a guy I'd never met and go to school with people I'd only exchanged e-mails with online. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone and take a risk. In my next post I'll let you know how it turned out...but first, I'm sure each of you have similar experiences. How did they turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment