Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 1

I am fascinated by the journey that God is bringing me on as I enter the MAGL program. When I graduated with a business degree in 2007, I didn’t have any clue what direction I wanted to go with my life. I tried to enter the nonprofit world doing world relief and development, but didn’t get any calls back, so after falling into a youth ministry job at my home church I started a Masters in International Development online at Tulane University. After two semesters I realized that another secular degree was not what God was calling me to, and that such broad-based work was very important but not for me. So I dropped out of that program and took some time off to focus on my new job in inner-city church planting and community development. I then began to enter a Masters of Social and Civic Entrepreneurship program at Bakke Graduate University, but before beginning classes the Lord convicted me that He hadn’t intended me to get another business degree. I immediately applied to Fuller and was accepted! My story since graduation has been 100% by the hand of God. I always tell people that I graduated with no job during a recession and God gave me two jobs that I didn’t apply for and helped me to start a 501(c)(3). Not only that, but despite having yet to even approach the concept of making $20,000 a year, the Lord has sustained me, even with schooling! I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment